As consumers come in all shapes and sizes, it is no coincidence POP displays do so? as well. The ideal height for a POP display? It all depends on the audience you’re targeting.
The right height for a POP display
Just like products on eye-level shelves tend to sell best, some POP displays are better off taller and others shorter. A few rules of thumb:
- POP displays designed to attract the attention of women should be about 152.5 centimeters (5 feet) tall.
- Displays targeting men are best kept at 165 centimeters (5 feet 5 inches).
- Is your POP display supposed to entice both genders? Opt for an in-between height.
- Displays for children’s products are ideally 134.5 centimeters (4 feet 5 inches) tall.
Some extra tips!
- Combine your display design with floor decals to attract extra attention from all consumers, regardless of their height.
- In the case of a multi-faceted target audience, stock children’s products on the lower shelves and display products aimed at adults at a higher level.
Graphics that make eye contact
Did you know customers tend to favor product packaging with graphics that make eye contact with them? That means displays targeting adults benefit from graphics that look straight ahead. Graphics for children’s displays are most successful if the characters’ gazes are tilted some 10 degrees downward.
Experimenting is key
Evidently, the rules of thumb discussed in this article are nothing more than guidelines. If you want to find out how your display will perform, organize a focus group and render your design in a virtual store simulator like Esko’s Studio Store Visualizer. That’s right! You no longer have to make mock-ups and dress up real-life stores to interview consumers as they pass by.
Inspired by Ravenshoe Packaging